Mission, vision and values
A private English college in Montreal specializing in pre-university education, Marianopolis prepares students to pursue academic excellence, become self-directed lifelong learners and make positive contributions to their communities and the world.
Marianopolis will be the leading college in Quebec, encouraging innovative pedagogy and providing a diverse student community with exceptional learning experiences that are intellectually, personally and socially transformative.
These core principles, rooted in the convictions and ideals of the College’s founders, define Marianopolis as an institution of higher learning and guide the everyday interactions of our community members:
- Excellence: Empowering every member of our community to reach their full potential by nurturing critical thinking, curiosity and continuous improvement.
- Community: Coming together in mutual respect and trust within a dynamic and inclusive environment where students are at the heart of all our endeavours.
- Collaboration: Fostering participatory structures that encourage the involvement and dedication of all members of our community in the pursuit of our mission and vision.
- Responsibility: Encouraging each other to act with integrity and courage, strive for a more just and equitable society and practice responsible stewardship of the natural environment.
- Heritage: Finding inspiration in our rich history that is rooted in the legacy of Marguerite Bourgeoys and her vision of education as liberating and uplifting.