Other financial resources
Marianopolis offers a variety of support to students in financial need:
- Book loans: students receiving financial assistance from the Quebec Government Student Loans and Bursaries Program may apply at the start of each semester to borrow textbooks from the College.
- Food bank: Marianopolis offers free light meals, snacks and food vouchers to the school cafeteria to students in considerable financial need.
- Job skills: Marianopolis counselors train students on job-search techniques and interview skills.
- Employment: when hiring students for jobs on campus, preference is given to applicants in financial need. The College also helps students find employment and housing off campus.
- Marianopolis loans: the College makes interest-free loans to students who find themselves in immediate financial distress.
Here are some helpful links:
Budgeting and money-management, Financial Consumer Agency of Canada
Student-budget calculator, BMO
Budgeting and other help, including emergency-fundcalculator, Royal Bank of Canada
Money-mangement tools, Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada
Frugal Scholar Money Management Program, McGill University
Financial Planning and Resources for Students, Concordia University