Technology and facilities
Teaching and Learning Technologies (TLT), located in A-362, is the place to find technical help as well as a host of useful equipment to support your class work. Some of the following equipment may be booked via The Hub:
- Laptops (Netbooks and MacBooks)
- Digital cameras
- Digital video cameras
- Document cameras
- A variety of microphones and stands
- Glyph hard drives for Music students
Video editing room
- Seating capacity: four
- Used for student video projects
- Technical assistance is provided by Information Technology Services
- Each room is equipped with a Mac Pro, headphones and microphones
There are four computer labs for teaching and for student use, two on the third floor of the A-wing and two on the fourth floor of the I-Wing. There is also a Can-8 Lab with four computers for individual Language practice as well as a Music Tech Lab for Music students which is equipped with five iMacs and specialized equipment.
Master Calendar is an online application that lets students view and book venues, including any related resources, for student club events and meetings. Before booking a venue, be sure to familiarize yourself with the following:
- Teaching spaces are not bookable until classroom schedules have been finalized at the start of each semester.
- Bookings outside of regular hours (8 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays, until 9 p.m. Wednesdays) incur charges to your club for technical support, student ushers, security and cleaning services.
- A valid email address must be provided to confirm your booking.
- Each club must designate a booker and provide their name to the Student Life Animator Trudy Ste. Croix.
- If you are requesting the use of technology with your booking, you must use the A-wing classrooms in case you require technical assistance.
- The bookings administrator reserves the right to change the booking if necessary. All bookings are pending until confirmed by a bookings administrator and a confirmation email has been sent to the booker.
- It is the responsibility of the booker to ensure that the booking is correct and has been confirmed.
- As a courtesy to others, please cancel your booking if it is no longer required.
If you have any questions or experience any problems related to your venue booking, please contact Physical Resources.
Find printers, photocopiers and express stations right where you need them, all across campus:
|Computer lab||black & white printer||colour printer||black & white photocopier||express station|
|I-Wing 400 level||X||X|
|Teaching and Learning Technologies (A-362)||X||X||X|
|Outside the Library||X||X|
|C-Wing 300 level||X|
|G-Wing 300 level||X||X|
There are three easy ways to add print/copy credits to your account: Omnivox kiosks inside the Library (C-202) and A-211; cash boxes outside the Library and the I-Wing computer labs; and online through Omnivox.
Printing balances can be verified either from Omnivox or from any student workstation. On a student workstation, the balance checking utility, displayed as a dollar sign, is in the bottom right hand corner of the system tray.
|Single sided black & white||$0.07|
|Double-sided black & white||$0.12|
|Photocopy per page||$0.10|
Wireless internet access is available in most areas across campus.